Long-Distance “Design In A Box”
Long distance residential design is an emerging decorating trend. This is an economical way to have your space designed by an interior design professional, without committing to a long and expensive project. It is the ideal solution for do-it-yourselfers or for those who are short on time or funds. One of the advantages of this service is that you retain control over your project, deciding when and where to purchase. Upon receiving your Design in a Box, you will be able to take your Project Manual with you to various stores of your choice, show the sales people the photos of your project, and begin to purchase on your own. If you have questions about the plan I am only an email or phone call away! I want you to be happy with your space, so I will work with you until you are satisfied with the end result.
Long-Distance Design In Three Steps
- After an initial phone consultation, you complete my design questionnaire describing your existing space and how you would like it to appear.
- Using your questionnaire as a guide, I create the Design In A Box tailored to your specific needs.
- You will receive your Design In A Box via UPS within 3-4 weeks.
Your Beautiful Box Will Contain
- A hand-colored floor plan of your space, drawn to scale, including all furniture, built-in, windows, and doors.
- A 20 inch x 30 inch concept board which illustrates the design concept, materials and finishes.
- Your Project Manual. This important guide is packed with information. It includes my recommendations for your project, with directions for how to implement it. Paint chips, fabric swatches and information about various materials are also included with the manual. If needed, I will also include samples of carpet, tile, stone, or whatever takes to make your project special.
- Illustrations of three different window treatments for your project.
- Resource/Shopping List – You will receive a list of resources where you can shop for the items specified for your project. I include familiar retail stores as well as To-the Trade options. The choice is yours! If you want me to shop/purchase for you, I am happy to do so for an additional fee.
Your Design In A Box can be purchased for $1200.00. This price includes the materials board, the Box, samples of paint, fabric, tile, furniture finishes, a completed project manual which is ready to go and shipping to the continental U.S.